Wednesday, March 11, 2009

And Here I Thought We Were Being Clever... or Rude.

We here at Twitarded really never expected anyone to even read the stuff we post. It started as a sort of ha-ha-let's-be-silly thing into um-no-I'm-actually-fucking-this-crazy and we've both pretty much let the obsession take over.

Snarkier named this blog. Let that be said now in case we ever get super famous and have a Paris/Nichole falling out or something. Maybe we'd even get out own reality show but... well, we're boring and slightly less pretty than those two sluts. And we're not astonishingly stupid, either.

Anyway, I digress. I thought the Twitarded name was funny and a bit un-PC, something that I'm always a fan of.

From Urban Dictionary:

1. twitard

pronounced twi-tard

One who takes fandom of Twilight, by Stephanie Meyer, to a level of or beyond obsession.

They often flames forum postings trying to defend the book, regardless whether the book was being critiqued negatively or not. They are also prone to using all caps, not checking their spelling/grammar, jumping to conclusions, falling in love with Edward, and biting people's heads of for just saying they didn't like the book.


Ha! We're in the freaking Urban Dictionary now (that means we're, like, totally fucking awesome, right?)

Funnily enough, the person who entered that definition in the UB apparently isn't very Twitarded, after all.

Don't make fun of me and all of my Twitarded friends or I'll give you a paper cut right in front of Jasper...or I'll La Push you off a cliff...or, even better...I'll provoke the Volturra and blame it on you! I am a Twitard!

It's the Volturri, honey. You're not twitarded, you're... just a little slow.

[Snarkier Than You simply cannot resist the temptation to glom on to this post...]

Ahem. Let me just say that I choose to embrace my Twitardedness. I started this blog (now that I've been outed - again!) because we had a conversation that went like this:


Jenny Jerkface: I'm starting a blog - want to write for it?

Snarky: Sure! What's it about??

JJ: You know - my usual - politics, atheism, rants about anything and everything...

S: Cool! I'm in! Can I write about Twilight?!

JJ: Um, maybe once?

S: How about I'll be the special "All Twilight" correspondent on your blog? It'll be awesome!

JJ: Er...ah... Suuuure... On second thought, let me think about it... [turns, runs]

And Twitarded was born! (with JJ in tow, I might add...)


Hopefully I will never take it to the level described in the Urban Dictionary. You'll stop me if I do, right JJ? And you will know because DH will have kicked me out and I will be sleeping on your couch. Speaking of stopping the obsession [ack!! Noooo!! You can't make me!!!], when I wrote "Twilighters Anonymous???" up there in the site description, I didn't even know that there really was a
"Twilighters Anonymous" website. Which I now frequent, btw, and it is all kinds of wonderful. Although that site is to Twicovery what an AA meeting with an open bar, jello shots, and beer pong would be to a recovering alcoholic. Just sayin'.

P.S. My boss snuck up behind me as I was writing this and scared the bejesus out of me. I actually jumped and did a full-on Bella-worthy flush. Oh God, I think I just outed myself to my boss!! Wow - it's been quite a week here at Twitarded...

3 comments:

  1. JJ, you know I love you, and I tried, but you STILL got the "Paris/Nicole" thing wrong (it's not "Nichole" - c'mon!!). I tried. OK, maybe you should be proud and I should be ashamed that I know this... Plus that is SO 2007. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. {Throws up hands in defeat}

    C'mon!! Nikki, Nicole, Nichole - same thing, right? I can't be expected to remember everyone's name who ISN'T associated with Twilight, right?

    And you owe me a new keyboard. I just snorted out wine on the old one. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. JJ, you know I love you, and I tried, but you STILL got the "Paris/Nicole" thing wrong (it's not "Nichole" - c'mon!!). I tried. OK, maybe you should be proud and I should be ashamed that I know this... Plus that is SO 2007. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are our life now. Leave one!