Friday, March 13, 2009

I'm On a Mission From God.

So I am kinda wondering if I am starting to creep myself out a little bit but I really haven't been the same since I wandered to Confessions of a TwiCrack Addict yesterday [and btw Thanks TwiCrack for making yesterday one of the most unproductive days of my life - lol!] and lapsed into a near-catatonic state when I came upon THIS photo:


[I will find an excuse to post this picture at least weekly, ftr.]

Is it wrong of me--at my age--to go weak in the knees like this at the sight of him??? Honestly, I had been thinking that R-Pattz's appeal had been starting to wear off just a teeny tiny bit lately - the fuzzy face and short do' he's been sporting the last few months weren't really doing it for me. So I hadn't planned on being quite so dazzled by the GQ spread. Now I feel like the secretary at Forks High when Edward turns on his persuasive charm: I have all kinds of alarms going off in my head and most of them are shouting "Too young! Too young!!!" Should I consider this a problem that needs immediate attention, or is it like I tell DH when he checks out pretty women: you can keep looking at the menu, you just have to remember that you've already ordered? I mean, I realize I'm not a teenager anymore, but I'm not dead, right? Right?!

OK, I will have to save the moral dilemma for some other time - for now, I am off on my mission to go out and hunt down a copy of that issue of GQ (and maybe some picture frames) and I'm not coming home until I find one (er, better make that "several"). It will be mine!

P.S. If you are too young to get the reference I'm making in the title of this blog, you might be too young to be reading this blog.

P.P.S. My Twi-partner-in-crime and co-blogger JJ has just made me break down and weep openly by confessing to me that she didn't get it. ARRRRGGG!!!

9 comments:

  1. STY and JJ, I just have to say that I LOVE you both. So witty, so wry, so seriously in love with RPattz and Twilight and yet women enough to admit that our age (I'm in my early 30s too) it's a little odd. I just found your site last night and I've already used up my non-mommy time reading it. I'm comfortable with that.

    Keep up the good work ladies, and you might want to just laminate the GQ issue instead of framing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laminating it is a GREAT idea! That way it will fit under my pillow without making things all lumpy...

    Thanks for the comments & glad you enjoyed the site as much as we do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blues Brothers. Right?

    I feel like Ms. Cope too when I see Rob. He's such a handsome guy, but much too young and I'm happily married. Hahaha! Those GQ pictures though, WOW. They just make you forget everything else. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! The Blues Brothers! THANK YOU!!! I have already told JJ (who admits she kinda lives under a rock...) that I am renting the movie and we are going to watch it. Maybe several times just for good measure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't get the title either. Does that make me youthful or just really dense?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Er... Actually I think it means that I'M really old - lol! Or maybe that I watched too many R-rated movies when I was waaay too young. One of those. But watch "The Blues Brothers" if you've never seen it! Almost 30 years later (ack!) and I still can't think "I'm on a mission..." without wanting to add that last bit.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080455/

    ReplyDelete
  7. STY and JJ -- I have just discovered your blog and have to say I LOVE it. It makes me feel so much better that there are other women over 30 (I'm 38 and happily married) that are obsessed like me! The GQ photo spread has to be the BEST of Rob. Makes me want to do very naughty things to him. Has anyone else put him on their "list"? You know, the list of 5 celebrities you can, ya know, and the spouse can't get mad. He's moving up my list every day... although I may need to bathe him first (I hear he's a bit stinky!) Don't care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm generally a big fan of fastidious person hygiene myself but there is always room for exceptions to be made in life... And they say women aren't as visually stimulated as men are - HA!

    Thanks for the awesome comment - it also makes us feel great to know that there are so many people out there similarly obsessed - fully functional relationships & all!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blues Brothers. Right?

    I feel like Ms. Cope too when I see Rob. He's such a handsome guy, but much too young and I'm happily married. Hahaha! Those GQ pictures though, WOW. They just make you forget everything else. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are our life now. Leave one!